The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 was enacted by the government to regulate the processing of Personal Information. Therefore, Ruyi Holdings Sdn. Bhd. is committed to ensure that your Personal Information is protected in accordance with the relevant laws.
“The Company” means Ruyi Trading Sdn. Bhd.;
“We”, “us” or “our” means the Company;
“Personal Information” means any information in respect of commercial transactions that relates directly or indirectly to our data subject, who is identified or identifiable from that information or from that and other information in our possession, including any sensitive Personal Information and expression of opinion about the data subject;
“Sensitive Personal Data” means any Personal Information consisting of information as to the data subject’s physical or mental health or condition, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, and the commission or alleged commission of any offence;
“Data subject” means an individual who is the subject of the Personal Information;
“Data processor” in relation to Personal Information, means any person, other than our employee, who processes the Personal Information solely on behalf of us and does not process the Personal Information for any of their own purposes.
1. Personal Information
1.1 Personal Information that we collect about you includes but is not limited to the following:
• personal details such as name, IC number, age, address, gender, occupation, telephone number, email address, credit / debit card details and bank account details (upon decision to purchase item from us), etc;
• information in relation to your mental and physical health conditions;
• your image by way of video surveillance installed in certain parts of our premises as part of our security infrastructure; and / or
• information automatically collected when you visit our website such as IP address, web browser, software and other information.
1.2 Please take note that certain Personal Information requested by us are mandatory which you must provide and agree to the processing of such mandatory information by us, failing which as may be informed to you at the relevant time of request or upon refusal to disclose by you, we may not be able to:
• conduct or complete the relevant sale and purchase transaction with you;
• process or perform your request;
• process your application for contests, promotions, health talks and seminars etc;
• provide you with information, updates, products or services relating to our products; and / or
• allow your entry into our premises or events, for security purposes.
2. How is your Personal Information being collected
• when you apply to purchase our products or register your interest with us to obtain information and updates on any products and services, whether in physical hardcopy, electronic copy or through our website;
• when you attend our health talks, seminars, roadshows or respond to our surveys, promotions or questionnaires, whether in physical hardcopy, electronic copy or through our website;
3. Purpose of collecting, processing and using your Personal Information
3.1 The Personal Information previously collected from you is being, and will continue to be used:
• to communicate with you, including in relation to our products, promotions, advertising, marketing, commercial materials and upcoming events; • to complete sale and purchase transaction;
• to follow up with our services or to invite you to our health seminars and talks;
• to process your applications, inquiries and requests;
• for database(s) record keeping, maintenance and updating;
• for administrative purposes including audits, fraud monitoring and prevention of crime;
• to follow up with your health conditions relating to our products;
• to ensure the security and safety of the premises (in relation to CCTV images);
• to comply with any applicable laws, proceedings or inquiries from regulatory authorities and enforcement agencies; and / or
• for all other purposes incidental and associated with any of the above and/or required or permitted under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
4. Sensitive Personal Data
4.1 We collect Sensitive Personal Data such as information relating to your mental or physical health condition etc. This information would enable us to provide a more personalized service / advice that is suitable to you. If you do not want your Sensitive Personal Data to be collected by us, please do not submit it. However, please be informed that failure to provide this information to us or revocation of your consent to process such information may result in us not being able to provide you with effective and continuous products and services.
To facilitate the purposes stated above and the provision of products and services to you, we may disclose your Personal Information to the following classes of third parties:
• our subsidiary companies and affiliates; • our advisors, auditors, consultants, doctors, internal staffs, products and service providers on a need to know basis; and / or
• regulatory authorities, enforcement agencies and any relevant parties in connection with any legal proceedings.
6.1 When you visit our website or use our services through our web portal, our web portal may create a “cookie”. A “cookie” is a piece of information stored on our hard drive containing information of your computer. The “cookie” enables our system to recognise your browser and remember your name and billing information so that you won’t have to retype it on your next visit.
6.2 A session ID cookie expires when you close your web browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove the persistent cookie by following directions provided in your web browser’s “help” option.
7. How long is your Personal Information being kept by us
8. Access and rectify your Personal Information
8.1 You are responsible for providing accurate and complete information about yourself. As such, as and when such information becomes incorrect or outdated, you should rectify or update such information by contacting us or by submitting fresh information to us.
8.2 If you wish to access or rectify your Personal Information, you must inform us by way of writing to our Admin Executive at the address set out in Section 10 below:
• request for a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you; and / or
• request to rectify or update your Personal Information.
Please provide us with proof of your identity, address and sufficient information for identification purposes when you submit your request to us.
8.3 Upon receiving your written request, we may:
• in certain circumstances refuse your request to access or rectify your Personal Information. In the event of any refusal, we will notify you the reasons for such refusal; and / or
• charge an administration fee for processing your request for access or rectification.
9. Limit the process of your Personal Information
9.1 If you:
• do not wish to receive offers, promotions, health talks, seminars, marketing materials on our products and services; or
9.2 In the event you do not consent to the processing of your Personal Information as above, we may not be able to perform your request or certain transactions, as stated in Section 1.2 above.
10. Our Contact Details
Ruyi Trading Sdn. Bhd.
No. 30A, Menara Ruyi, Lorong Kapar, Jalan 2/87G, Off Jalan Syed Putra, 58000 Kuala Lumpur
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,my
Phone : +603-2273 6699
Fax : +603-2273 6688
11. Opt Out Options
11.1 Mobile (SMS) Marketing If you do not wish to receive any promotional or marketing text messages on your mobile phone, please reply “STOP” to any of the text messages that we sent to you; or you can write to our Admin Executive at the contact details set out at Section 10 above.
11.2 Telemarketing If you do not wish to receive any calls from us with regards to our promotions or our marketing information, please write to our Admin Executive at the contact details set out at Section 10 above.